Anjeza Chukus | MD
Albanian, English, Spanish and Turkish
Bachelor’s degree: B.S. Chemistry and B.S. Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Medical School: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
Residency: Radiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami, FL
Specialty Training: Breast Imaging, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami, FL
Fellowship: Neuroradiology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA
Board certifications status: Currently board certified
ABR Board certifications: Diagnostic Radiology, Neuroradiology
Other board certifications: CAQ Neuroradiology Subspecialty, MQSA Breast Imaging
Clinical Areas of Interest
Head and neck cancer diagnosis and prognosis, spine disorders, stroke triage, cerebrovascular diseases, traumatic brain injury, CNS infections, neurodegenerative and demyelinating disease processes. Breast biopsies and cancer localization procedures. Use of mammography, ultrasound, and breast MRI tests to optimize the detection and evaluation of breast cancer.
Leadership & Professional Organizations
Current organizations: American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, American Society of Neuroradiology, American Society of Head and Neck Radiology, Florida Radiological Society
Fellowship awards from societies:
- Educator of the Year Teaching Award, Aventura Hospital Dept of Radiology (2021)
- Lecturer of the Year Teaching Award, Aventura Hospital Dept of Radiology (2019)
- Fellow of the Year Teaching Award, Stanford Hospital Dept of Radiology (2018)
- Roentgen Fellow of the Year Research Award, Stanford Dept of Neuroradiology (2018)
- People’s Choice Electronic Poster Award, Society of Pediatric Radiology (2018)
- Top Three Best Educational Exhibit Award, American Society of Head and Neck Radiology (2017)
- Certificate of Merit Poster Award, American Society of Head and Neck Radiology (2017)
- Cum Laude Poster Award, Radiological Society of North America (2014)
- Certificate of Merit Poster Award, Radiological Society of North America (2013)
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society, Emory University (2006)
Committees, board positions, leadership positions within these professional organizations: Graduate Medical Education Committee, Quality Improvement Committee, Cancer Committee
Section chief positions: (current) Section Chief of Neuroradiology for the Aventura Hospital Medical Center Radiology Residency
Publications & Professorships
- Clinical Faculty, Aventura Hospital Radiology Residency
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Florida International University College of Medicine
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Nova Southeastern University Medical School
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty, Stanford Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (2018-2020)
- Clinical Instructor, Stanford Neuroradiology Department (2017-2018)
- Gordillo C, Chukus A. Adenoid cystic carcinoma: A case of rare breast cancer. Radiology Case Reports. 2021 Dec 28;17(3):690-692.
- Yang Y, Fischbein N, Chukus A. Differential Diagnosis of Corpus Callosum Lesions: Beyond the Typical Butterfly Pattern. Radiographics. 2021 May-Jun;41(3):E79-E80.
- Covello B, Chukus A. Vertebral Artery Dissection: A Pain in the Neck. Cureus. 2021 Jan 29;13(1):E12985.
- Chukus A, Zaharchuk G. Arterial Spin Labeling: How to Do It. in “Stroke Imaging: A Practical Guide”, ed. Sanelli P, Wintermark M, Thieme Publishing Company.
- Pan J, Quon J, Johnson E, Ho A, Lanzman B, Chukus A, Edwards M, Grant G, Yeom K. Rapid-sequence brain magnetic resonance imaging for Chiari I abnormality. Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics.22(2):158-164.
- Chukus A, Tirada N, Reddy N. Uncommon Implantation Sites of Ectopic Pregnancies: Thinking Beyond the Complex Adnexal Mass. Radiographics. 2015;35(3): 946-959.
- Creagh S, Ramos J, Fourzali R, Chukus A. Role of Conventional Brain MRI in Clinical Workup of Patients with Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis. NSU (2022)
- Creagh S, Pigg N, Chukus A. A Unique Case of Concomitant Acute Arterial Stroke and Dural Venous Thrombosis as Initial Presentation in a COVID Patient. FRS (2021)
- Prater S, Chukus A. Survive the Dive. Acute Ischemic Stroke due to Decompression Sickness in a Recreational Scuba Diver. FOMA (2020)
- Khun J, Chukus A. A Case of Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder. NSU (2020)
- Chukus, A. Moderator, Neuroradiology Scientific Poster Discussions, RSNA (2019)
- Yang Y, Fischbein N, Chukus A. Spectrum of Corpus Callosum Lesions: Beyond the “Butterfly” Differential. RSNA (2019)
- Chukus A, Singer T, Iv M, Lanzman B, Stadler J, Wang J, Cheshier S, Yeom K. Arterial Spin Labeling and Ferumoxytol-based Spoiled Gradient Recalled Acquisition Magnetic Resonance Imaging Versus Digital Subtraction Angiography for Surveillance of Residual Brain Arteriovenous Malformations in Children: A Single-Institution Analysis of Inter-Modality Reliability. SPR (2018)
- Chukus A, Zarnow D, Dahmoush H. Spectrum of Non-odontogenic Jaw Lesions in Children: A Pictorial Review. ASHNR (2017)
- Chukus A, Kong C, Kaplan M, Le Q, Fischbein N. Human Papilloma Virus-Related Head and Neck Squamous Cell Cancers: Virology, Imaging Findings, and Clinical Implications. ASHNR (2017)
- Chukus A, Yeom K, Barnes P, Dahmoush H. The First Reported Case of Intraventricular Lymphatic Malformation. ASNR (2017)
- Chukus A, Dahmoush H. A Rare Case of Pediatric Intracranial Ganglioneuroblastoma. ASNR (2017)
- Malik, A, Chukus A, Dahlgren R, Chaolupka J. Multiple Peripheral Fusiform Cerebral Aneurysms from Atrial Myxoma: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Management. ASNR (2017)
- Chukus A, Malik A, MD, El Hussein S, Niazi S, Rastogi S, Vincentelli C, Dubey P. Non-Adenomatous Pituitary Lesions: Spectrum of Morphologic Overlap and Characteristic Distinguishing Features. RSNA (2016)
- Chukus A, Carcano C, Dubey P. Fractional Anisotropy as a Quantitative Biomarker for Assessment of Nicotine Related Brain Changes: Differential Impact of Sub-component Diffusivity Metrics. ASNR (2016)
- Chukus A, Carcano C, Malik A, Rastogi S. Not Just Another Bleed in the Head. ASNR (2016)
- Carcano C, Malik A, Chukus A, Kirsch J, Burke W. Internal Mammary Injuries. SIR (2016)
- Chukus A, Carcano C, Nguyen C, Sheldon J, Moonis G, Dubey P. An Imaging Based Embryologic Paradigm for Odontogenic Lesion Classification: Aiding Pre-excision Synchronization with Molecular Phenotype. ASHNR (2015)
- Chukus A, Tirada N, Reddy N. Sonographic Approach to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: Acute vs Chronic. RSNA (2014)
- Tirada N, Chukus A, Dreizin D, Secrist MH, Zeman R. CT Imaging of Pregnant Patients: Fetal Dose and Beyond. RSNA (2014)
- Chukus A, Tirada N, Mastrogiovanni L, Burke III W. Pictorial Essay of Coronary Artery Anomalies: Non-invasive Imaging. SCBT-MR (2014)
- Chukus A, Weber B, Pare C, Burke III W. What Drives the Lung Crazy Paving? Helical CT. FMA (2014)
- Silva N, Yasrebi M, Chukus A, Pevsner R, Restrepo R. Cartilage Injuries of the Pediatric Knee. SPR (2014)
- Anderson C, Saigal G, Chukus A, Cumming V, Alvarez O. Hepatobiliary Imaging in Sickle Cell Disease. ASPHO (2014)
- Chukus A, Tirada N, Bhatia V, Reddy N. Uncommon Implantation Sites of Ectopic Pregnancies: Thinking Beyond the Complex Adnexal Mass. RSNA (2013)
- Chukus A, MD, Pizarro J, Chaloupka J, Rastogi S. Pictorial Essay of Non-invasive Multi-modal CT and MR Findings of Dural Arteriovenous Fistulas. RSNA (2013)
- Tirada N, Chukus A, Kaplan S. Does breast biopsy affect the lesion enhancement pattern of tumor measurements on MRI? RSNA (2013)
- Oliveri B, Chukus A, Tirada N, Rajadhyaksha C, Pizarro J. Current Role of Lymphoscintigraphy in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma with a Focus on SPECT/CT. RSNA (2013)
- Chukus A, Tirada N, Nguyen C, Pizarro J, Burke III W. The Wide Spectrum of Pulmonary Embolism: Helical CT. ACR (2013)
- Chukus A, Mitchell H, Tirada N, Burke III W. Matters of the Heart: Cardiac Strain and Thrombi in Pulmonary Embolism. NASCI (2013)
- Tirada N, Hayden D, Chukus A, Dreizin D, Burke III W. How Low Can You Go? Current concepts in CT dose reduction strategies. ACR (2013)
- Tirada N, Chukus A, Hayden D, Dreizin D, Burke III W. CT findings in Pulmonary Infections in Immunocompromised Patients in the ICU. SCBT-MR (2013)
- Chukus A, Jani A, Fox T, Schreibmann E, Rossi PJ. Acute and Late Toxicity of the Rectum and Bladder After Dose Escalated IMRT for Prostate Cancer: DVH Analysis Finding Significance in High Dose Levels Greater Than 70 Gy. ASTRO (2010)
What are your hobbies?
Doing yoga, seeing new places, and growing plants.
What do you most enjoy about working for IntelliRad and/or at the HCA facilities we staff?
Working alongside residents and excellent medical staff, teaching, research, and participating at multidisciplinary cancer conferences.