Gustavo Pantol | MD
English and Spanish
Bachelor’s degree: Martin Zapata, Mendoza, Argentina
Medical School: National University of Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina
Internship: Surgery at Albert Einstein College of Medicine , New York
Residency: Radiology at Mount Sinai, Miami Beach, FL
Specialty Training: Radiology and Neuroradiology
Fellowship: Neuroradiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Board certifications status: Currently board certified
ABR Board certifications: Diagnostic Radiology, Dx radiology with subspeciality in Neuroradiology
Leadership & Professional Organizations
Current organizations: American College of Radiology (ACR), Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Fellowship awards from societies: FRS
Committees, board positions, leadership positions within these professional organizations: Chief Resident Mount Sinai Radiology Residency Program
Publications & Professorships
- 2016 – Patterns of anterior versus posterior white matter fractional anisotropy concordance in adults nonhuman primates: Effects of early life stress. Coplan JD, Kovalennu V, Abdallah CG, Mathew SJ, Perera TD, Pantol G, Carpenter D, Tang C. Published in the Journal of Affect Dirders – March 2016, 192, 167-75.
- 2014 – Hashmi S, Robinson R, Ramirez-Fort MK, Pantol G. (2013). Radiologic Findings. In A. Ali (Ed.), McGraw-Hill Specialty Board Review Dermatology: A Pictorial Review (Ch 33 pp. 649-666). New York: McGraw-Hill Publishing.
- 2014 – Early Life Stress and Macaque Amygdala Hypertrophy: Preliminary Evidence for a Role for the Serotonin Transporter Gene. Jeremy D. Coplan (1) Hassan M. Fathy (1)Andrea P. Jackowski (2) Cheuk Y. Tang (3) Tarique D. Perera (4) Sanjay J. Mathew (5) Jose Martinez(6) Chadi G. Abdallah (7, 14) Andrew J. Dwork (8) Gustavo Pantol (3) David Carpenter (3) Jack M. Gorman(10) Charles B.Nemeroff (11) Michael J Owens(12) Arie Kaffman (13) Joan Kaufman (13, 14).
- 2013 – “Intra and Inter-observer reliability of mobile tablet PACS viewer system vs. standard PACS viewing station Author(s): Aashim Bhatia, Sandip Patel, Gustavo Pantol, Yen-Ying Wu, Michael Plitnikas, Christopher Hancock. – Diagnosis of Acute Central Nervous System Events. Open Journal of Radiology. Vol.3 N°2. June 2013.
- 2012 “Association between Linear Measurements of Corpus Callosum and Gait in the Elderly” Harald Brodoefel MD1,4, Ramesh Ramachandran FRCR1,4, Gustavo Pentol MD1,4,Peter Bergethon MD,2 Wei Qiao Qiu MD,PhD2, Tammy Scott PhD1,3, Irwin Rosenberg MD3, and Refeeque A. Bhadelia MD4. Presented at the RSNA 2012 and published in the European Society of Radiology 2013.
- 2012 The Association of Lacunar Infarcts, Medial Temporal Atrophy and Cognition. Gustavo Pantol, Warren Barker, David Loewenstein, Maria Greig-Custo, Qian Shen, DanielVaron, Ranjan Duara. Presented at the Alzheimer’s Association Vancouver 2012- Published at The Journal of Alzheimer’s Association. Volume 8, Issue 4 P597-598, July 2012
- 2012 – ASNR: “Cat got your tongue”: Imaging anatomy and pathology of the root of the tongue. Authors: Gustavo Pantol MD1, Robert A. Frankenthaler MD1, Amy Juliano MD2, Gool Moonis MD1 Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School. Massachussets Eye and Ear. Harvard Medical School. Presentation at the ASNR annual meeting, NYC, 2012.
- 2011 – ASNR: “Diagnosis of Acute Central Nervous System Events: Comparison of Reliability and Diagnostic Accuracy using Osirix DICOM viewer software on IPAD mobile device Vs eFilm PACS and standard interpretive LCD monitors.
- Patel, Sandip; Bhatia, Aashim; Pantol Gustavo.; Wu, Ean; Plitnikas Michael; Hancock Christopher. Presented at the ASNR annual meeting, Seattle, WA, 2011.
- 2010 – “The role of early life stress in development of the anterior limb of the internal capsule in nonhuman primates”. Jeremy D. Coplan, Chadi G. Abdallah, Cheuk Y. Tang, Sanjay J. Mathew, Jose Martinez, Patrick R. Hof, Eric L.P. Smith, Andrew J. Dwork, Tarique D. Perera, Gustavo Pantol, David Carpenter, Leonard A. Rosenblum, Dikoma C. Shungu, Joel Gelernter, Arie Kaffman, Andrea Jackowski, Joan Kaufman and Jack M. Gorman.
- Neurosci Let 480(2):93-6(2010).
- 2009 “A comparative analysis of structural brain MRI in the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease” Jason Appel, M.D., Elizabeth Potter, Ph.D., Qian Shen, M.S., Gustavo Pantol, M.D., Maria T. Greig, M.D., David Loewenstein, Ph.D.,Ranjan Duara, M.D.
- Behavioural Neurology 21 (1-2):13-19 (2009)
- 2006 “Incidence and Significance of Non-Aneurism Related CT Scan Findings in Patients Undergoing Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair (EVAR)”
- Jeffrey Indes, MD, Gustavo Pantol, MD, Jacob Eisdorfer, BS, Evan Deutsch, MD, William Suggs, MD, Larry Scher, MD, Nicholas Gargiulo,III, MD, Frank Veith, MD and Evan Lipsitz, MD, Montefiore/Albert Einstein, Bronx, NY. Poster at 21st Annual Meeting, Eastern Vascular Society, Baltimore, MD, September 2007.
- 2006 ISMRM “ Functional Connectivity Correlations in the Cortical-Thalamic Network of Patients with Schizophrenia Using fMRI and DTI. David Matthew Carpenter1, Gustavo Pantol1, Joeseph I. Friedman1, Cheuk Y. Tang1 1Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Radiology Department at FIU Wertheim College of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and NSU College of Medicine.