Brian Baigorri | MD
English and Spanish
Bachelor’s degree: BS Biology, Loyola University, Maryland
Medical School: Ponce School of Medicine, Ponce, PR
Internship: General Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Fellowship: Vascular and Interventional Radiology, UNC Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
Board certifications status: Currently board certified
ABR Board certifications: Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Clinical Areas of Interest
Prostate artery embolization, tumor ablation, uterine fibroid embolization
Leadership & Professional Organizations
Current organizations: Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR)
Publications & Professorships
- W. Wahood, B. Covello, J. McPhee, B. Baigorri, M. Radvany. Risk Factors and Outcomes for Failure of Endovascular Aneurysm Repair with Acute Conversion to Open Aortic Repair. Oral presentation RSNA 2022
- B. Covello, B. Baigorri. Neurovascular Anatomy Review. RAD-AID 2021
- B. Covello, B. Baigorri. Stent-Assisted Coiling of a Traumatic Basilar Artery Tip Pseudoaneurysm.
- RAD-AID 2021
- D. Aboubechara, N. Pigg, B. Baigorri, R. Fourzali. Causes of Type II Endoleak in Abdominal Aortic Stents: A Retrospective Case Review. Poster presentation at, SIR 2020
- N. Pigg, D. Aboubechara, R. Fourzali, B. Baigorri. Yttrium-90 Radioembolization of Metastatic Adrenocortical Carcinoma to the Liver following Systemic Chemotherapy and Surgical Resection of the Primary Lesion. Case Rep Oncol 2020; 13:158-163. doi: 10.1159/000504779
- D. Tew, J. Miller, J. Rodriguez, B. Baigorri, R. Fourzali. Managing Type I and III Endoleaks Presenting on Separate Occasions in an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Poster presentation, International Symposium on Endovascular Therapy, Jan 2020.
- S. Shukla, B. Baigorri, R. Fourzali, Y. Serulle. Evolution of Acute Ischemic Stroke Treatment as Supported by Clinical Trials. Poster presentation RSNA 2019.
- D. Aboubechara, K. Carr, B. Baigorri, R. Fourzali. Complicated IVC Filter Retrieval: Cases & IVC Filter Review. Poster presentation Florida Radiological Society 2019; Naples, FL
- B. Brown, M. Culp, R. Dixon, B. Baigorri, B. Olabu, P. Magabe. Building an IR fellowship in Nairobi, Kenya. Oral presentation, SIR 2019
- S. Shukla, B. Baigorri, R. Fourzali, Y. Serulle. Endovascular Techniques in Stroke Therapy. Poster presentation SIR 2019.
- S. Shukla, B. Baigorri, R. Fourzali, Y. Serulle. Comprehensive Review of Stroke Imaging and its Role in Determining Patient Eligibility for Endovascular Therapy. Poster presentation SIR 2019.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine 7/17-present, Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 09/18 – present
What are your hobbies?
Travel, snowboarding, and wine.
I enjoy spending time with my son Sebastian.
What do you most enjoy about working for IntelliRad and/or at the HCA facilities we staff?
Serving the community and building local relationships.
Dr. Brian Baigorri is a board certified diagnostic and vascular interventional radiologist with 3 years of experience. He attended medical school at Ponce School of Medicine and graduated with clinical honors. He completed several years of categorical general surgery residency before switching to diagnostic radiology residency at Wayne State University. He completed a vascular and interventional radiology fellowship at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Dr. Baigorri performs all interventional radiology procedures with special interest in interventional oncology, critical limb ischemia/limb salvage, and prostate artery embolization. He is a member of the American Board of Radiology, Society of Interventional Radiology, a prior recipient of the 2014 North American Roentgen Research Award and has completed over 30 national and international presentations, abstracts, and papers. He is fluent in English and Spanish.